Shopper behavior is hard to predict. Purchase decisions are made in a split second and often unconsciously. Will your new package design increase sales? Using the eye tracking and virtual shopping platform, EyeSee obtains:
- Visibility: Will your package stand out from the clutter?
- Attention: Are the key elements that drive purchase intent seen?
- Inspiration: Is the pack clear, in line with the brand and liked?
- Purchase: Will shoppers buy the product in the new pack design?
You deliver the stimuli in pdf, define the sample specifications, and select the questions of our standard survey (or you deliver the survey). EyeSee programs the study, coordinates the recruitment with our panel partners and analyzes the obtained data.
Delivery: 7 days
Sample size: N=150 per cell
- Overall Summary
- Package visibility in shelf
- Key area visibility of pack
- View order on the pack
- Attribute and brand elements evaluation
- Overall likeability and clearness
- Brand fit
- Package and message recall
- Purchase intent
- Market share potential
Shoppers are exposed to shelves and are instructed to click on the products they would like to buy. While they are executing the task, their eyes are tracked via their webcam to gain insights about:
- Does the package stand out from the clutter?
- How quickly is the design (product) seen?
- How much attention does the product get?
While shoppers are exposed to the shelves, they are asked to click on products they would like to buy. Based on this data we are able to know:
- Are shoppers interested in buying the product?
- Will the market share increase? Or are you cannibalizing sales?
After exposing the package in context, we show the design on a full screen in between other packages: to identify design elements which attract attention first and most as well as ‘blind’ elements:
- Are the areas that drive purchase intent seen?
- In which order are shoppers looking to the areas?
- What are the blind areas?
After the eye tracking session and shopping list creation, shoppers fill out a survey with questions about:
- Is the design in line with the brand positioning?
- Evaluation on key attributes of the product
- Overall likability, clearness, uniqueness, etc
Increased visibility and stand out result in:
- Higher visibility and consideration.
- Higher chance for (impulsive) purchase.
- Higher likability and efficient communication result in increased loyalty.