Considerable marketing spending is channeled towards direct marketing. Nevertheless, a lot of DM material remains ineffective. EyeSee tests DM campaigns using eye tracking and facial coding platform to understand the impact of direct mail, spot ineffective lay outs and sections.
- Attention: Will the key message be read? Which sections are seen?
- Emotions: Will the mail evoke desired emotions?
- Memorability: Will consumers recall your mail and main message?
- Action: Will consumers take action (e.g. go to the store…)?
You deliver the stimuli in pdf, define the sample specifications, and select the questions of our standard survey (or you deliver the survey). EyeSee programs the study, coordinates the recruitment with our panel partners and analyzes the obtained data.
Delivery: 7 days
Sample size: N=150
- Overall Summary
- Message & call for action visibility
- Number of read paragraphs
- Engagement time
- Overall emotional connection
- Recall of brand and main message
- Inspiration and attractiveness
- Well structured and ordered
- Credibility and relevance
- In line with the brand values
- Interest to buy the product/service
- Intention to go to the store
Respondents are asked to go through several DM campaigns. While they are looking at the campaigns their eyes are tracked via their webcam. They browse at their own speed and click to go to the next mail while we track their eyes. Thanks to this we know:
- Are the key messages attracting attention?
- In which order are they seen?
- What areas/paragraphs are not noticed?
- Which lay out (structure…) is the most effective?
Respondents are asked to go through several DM campaigns. While they are looking at the campaigns their facial expressions are recorded via their webcam to obtain feedback on emotional connection:
- Are the desired emotions evoked?
- Which emotions are evoked? How fast?
- Which of the campaigns evoke most emotions?
(Note: the campaign is shown only 1 time – facial coding creation and eye tracking are done at the same time)
After the eye tracking and facial coding sessions respondents fill out a questionnaire about:
- Inspiration: Is it relevant, credible and different
- Memorability: Is the message clear & recalled
- Action: Will they take action
- Increased visibility and engagement result in higher message delivery.
- Increased message delivery results in increased marketing effectiveness.
- Increased marketing effectiveness increases sales.