City of Antwerp officially opened Startup/Scaleup Village, a place where entrepreneurship flows freely and inspiration lurks around every corner. Six most promising startups moved into the completely renovated complex in the city center, which was opened on 31st of May.
Scaleups based in Antwerp are mainly promising young companies developing innovative applications and digital technologies – they have all opportunities to grow and internationalize. The city has a solid ecosystem of incubators, research institutions, mentors, investors and more than 300 startups.
Antwerp has already won the prestigious Global Startup Nations Award for its start-up policy in 2015. It is the first time that the Global Entrepreneurship Network (GEN) has given the award to a city instead of a country. The city has a start-up manager – which is quite unique – who brings different parties together, such as universities, companies, investors and entrepreneurs.
Startup Village is a historic building that was converted into a hotspot for innovative entrepreneurs. The city now offers temporary and affordable office space for digital growth businesses.
“We want to be a magnet for digital and technological innovation,” said Mayor Bart De Wever.
StartupVillage is the perfect place for startups, scaleups, big companies, mentors and investors to meet and exchange experiences, in the middle of the bustling historic downtown.
More about the six young companies that earned their place in the Village:
- EyeSee measures the impact of advertising and marketing by tracking eye movements and facial expressions, coupled with surveys.
- Play Pass develops technology for cashless payments and automatic access to mass events such as music festivals.
- Senso2Me optimizes the quality and efficiency of family care sensor with emergency alarms.
- POM is an app that allows digital and paper invoices to be paid easily and safely via smartphone.
- SurveyAnyplace is an online software platform that allows users to easily make surveys and quizzes.
- Datylon makes data from other companies understandable and transparent by translating them into attractive visualizations.